So obviously we received red 10″ squares for February. The typical instant thought is to make a heart quilt. I decided to create my own interpretation of the Floating Squares from the Improv Handbook for Modern Quilters. Now, I kept ideals of it in mind. But still my own style. I used a ruler. I know, I’m sorry Sherri. But I need a ruler. But, I cut at random! I stacked three squares together, and sliced twice! Then rearranged the pieces. After sewing pieces together I sliced again, then rearranged again. From all the reds, I did add in a single 10″ orange square. I wanted to break up the red, but stick to an analogous color palette. I only used the fabric from the swap, a single 10″ orange, and then added red to the border. I needed the border to reach the 36″ size I am trying for all the quilts. Again, to be baby quilts. I’m not entirely happy with the red, I feel it frames the quilt more in a cased/strict way. I really like how I did the border for January, but alas I knew I didn’t have enough fabric. Apparently red is my least go-to fabric, I barely have any of it in my stash. I liked the random cutting and sewing aspect.It was a fun, simple quilt to make in an afternoon.